CarbonSeal™ carbon fiber vs. ceramic tiles.
Problem vs solution:
- 100,000 bushels of abrasive corn passed through the spout at 60mph daily.
- Thick ceramic tiles used for abrasion protection were cracking and chipping.
- The tiles were heavy and put unnecessary strain on the spouts; the thick tiles restricted the flow of grain.
- Using the CarbonSeal™ system to protect the spout in place of ceramic tiles allowed more corn to pass through.
- The lightweight, thin system increased the facility’s productivity.
- The AR-111 protective coating prevented the quarterly maintenance required with ceramic tiles.