Earthquake retrofit & historic restoration saves building.
Problem vs solution:
- Past fire damage left the top two stories structurally unstable.
- The owner wished to preserve the historic look and feel inside and outside.
- To preserve the look of the masonry walls, the interior of the building received a translucent glass fiber system.
- HJ3 Civil™ carbon and glass fiber strengthening systems increased the historic building’s in-plane and out-of-plane strength.
- The building was brought up to meet the required seismic codes.
- This project received an award for “Best Historic Restoration” in 2008.
- The building looks the same today as when the installation was completed.