Industrial clarifier repair using HJ3’s carbon fiber system.
Problem vs solution:
- The clarifier had approximately 80% steel loss on its sidewalls, upper tank ring, and dome.
- The exterior temperature of the sidewalls was 140º.
- Areas needing repair included a wall patch, the tank sidewall and dome roof connection.
- A 36 ft. Diameter overflow pipe also needed repair.
- HJ3’s CarbonSeal™ carbon fiber system was installed and a chemical and temperature-resistant topcoat was applied to protect the system from the tank’s extreme temperatures.