Commercial Seismic Retrofit with Carbon Fiber and Translucent Glass
Problem vs Solution
- Restaurant owner wanted to open up the 2nd and 3rd floors which were damaged in a fire 10 years prior
- Work permits required a seismic evaluation which resulted in the need for seismic strengthening to comply with FEMA 356 code
- StrongHold™ was designed to strengthen the unreinforced masonry for seismic events
- StrongHold™ translucent glass was utilized in order to preserve the original look of the historic masonry
- The seismic strengthening was successfully designed, installed, and inspected allowing the owner to open up two additional floors of the restaurant
See the before and after photos below.