Industrial Carbon Fiber Strengthening with Caustic Resistant Coating
Problem vs Solution
- Long-term exposure to caustic fertilizer caused significant corrosion and spalling of concrete
- The processing area supported by columns was in jeopardy of collapse
- HJ3's forensic engineering team assessed the damage and developed a comprehensive plan to restore strength and stabilize the structure during installation
- Multiple crews worked double shifts to simultaneously execute surface prep and StrongHold™ installation
- Service life was extended by 20 years
See the before and after photos below.