Carbon Fiber Strengthening & Protection of Concrete Sump Tank
Problem vs Solution
- Sump was utilized for holding harsh chemicals pH 1 to 13 at elevated temperatures to allow for neutralization prior to discharging to wastewater system
- Concrete walls and steel reinforcement were severely corroded allowing for future leaks and possible structural collapse
- ChemSeal™ Protective Liner was designed in conjunction with CarbonSeal™ to fully restore integrity and provide a durable liner for harsh chemicals at elevated temperatures
- The repair and protection systems were installed during a tight outage and required a 24/7 schedule to ensure on-time completion
- Service life was extended 15 years
See the before and after photos below.