Internal Carbon Fiber Strengthening of 2 MGD Process Water Tank
Problem vs Solution
- The 30-yr old process water tank had been inspected and was found to have hundreds of shell holes and thousands of floor holes
- The tank was operating at 20% of it's capacity due to multiple shell leaks
- TankWrap™ was designed as an internal structural liner to restore integrity and guard shell against future corrosion
- Structural roof beams and columns were also reinforced with TankWrap™ and protected with ChemSeal™
- Service life was extended by 30 years
See the before and after photos below.